Happy birthday to my sweet mother-in-law today!!! We love her very much and for her birthday this year we got her a panini press! Along with that panini press I made her a cute little ringed assortment of panini recipes and thought I would share some of those with everyone!
1. Simmer shredded leftover chicken in BBQ sauce, grill with fresh mozzarella and caramelized onions on Italian bread. Brush chili oil on the outside of the bread for extra flavor.
2. Combine shredded pepper jack and mozzarella cheeses and grill on slices of a french baguette. Brush with chili oil on the ouside before grilling.
3. For a kicked up leftover turkey sandwich that doesn't taste like Thanksgiving- turkey, Monterey Jack cheese, sliced jalapenos, sliced tomatoes and mayonnaise grilled on sourdough.
4. Reuben: corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, Thousand Island or Russian dressing grilled on rye bread.
5. Combine shredded leftover chicken in a small bowl with halved grapes, chopped walnuts, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Grill with halved Gruyere cheese on dark rye bread.
6. Simmer 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless, chicken thighs in a bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Combine with caramelized onions and crumbled blue cheese on pita breads. Microwave the pitas to make them more malleable and then grill.
7. Sharp cheddar, baby spinach and thick cut bacon (pre-cooked) on sourdough.
8. Combine albacore tuna, chopped celery, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Grill with cooked bacon, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on country style bread.
9. Black Forest ham, sliced swiss cheese, and a drizzle of honey grilled on a seeded French baguette.
10. Prosciutto, sliced smoked gouda cheese and fig jam on a French baguette.
11. Grilled asparagus, prosciutto and mozzarella grilled on focaccia bread.
12. Combine equal parts honey and Dijon mustard. Spread on rye bread and top with leftover ham, brie cheese and grilled onions.
13. Blend mayo and sundried tomatoes in a food processor. Spread on ciabatta bread. Top with prosciutto wrapped turkey breast, sliced avocado and swiss cheese, then grill.
14. Combine leftover turkey and minced celery, diced granny smith apples, chopped pecans, and mayo. Season with salt and pepper. Grill with swiss cheese on cranberry walnut bread.
15. Layer thinly sliced brie cheese and halved (lengthwise) dried apricots on walnut bread. Brush a little melted butter on the outside of the bread and grill.
16. Grill sliced peaches on the panini press for about 2 minutes until caramelized. Grill with goat cheese, a few mint or basil leaves, and peaches on a French baguette.
17. Roast sliced and cored Gala apples for 15-20 minutes on 400F until they are soft, golden brown and caramelized on the bottom. Grill with slices of brie and pecan halves on cinnamon raisin bread.
18. Hollow out a sourdough roll and fill it with sour cream, red onions, leftover chili and shredded cheddar cheese. Brush with olive oil on top and grill.
19. Layer a slice of prosciutto, sliced peaches, mozzarella and basil on Italian bread. Brush olive oil on top and grill.
20. Layer Greek feta cheese, fresh tomatoes and sliced kalmata olives on olive bread. Drizzle inside with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with oregano. Grill.
Happy Sandwich making!!!