Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lettuce Wraps and Lots of Love

First of all, let me start by saying that the last few days have been extremely busy and in the midst of all my business, I didn't get a post on Sunday. Sunday just so happened to be a very special day and I refuse to not acknowledge it. August 8th was my parents anniversary! They are two of the most important people in my life and I couldn't let the recognition go by. I love them with all my heart and wish them many, many more years of happiness!



So since I'm talking about my favorite people, I'm going to give out the recipe today that is an imitation to one of my favorite restaurants- PF Changs!!!! Today's recipe is for Lettuce Wraps!!!

Lettuce Wraps



1 pound ground chicken
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
1/3 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
12 large lettuce leaves (romaine works well)
Chinese hot mustard (optional)
Dried rice noodles

Combine chicken, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
Blend soy sauce into cornstarch in cup until smooth.
Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; heat until hot. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Stir soy sauce mixture and add to wok. Stir-fry 30 seconds or until sauce boils and thickens. Add water chestnuts, onions and peanuts; heat through.
Spread the mixture over the dried rice noodles and serve.

Makes 12 wraps.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment